Re: SQL-standard function body

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: SQL-standard function body
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/1/20 3:36 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I actually don't have a very clear idea of what the standard has to
> say about SQL-language functions. Does it just say it's a list of
> statements, or does it involve variables and control-flow constructs
> and stuff like that, too?

It's either a single sql statement, or a collection of them between
"begin atomic" and "end".  There are no variables or flow control
constructs or anything like that, just as there are no such things
outside of a function.

(There are a few statements that are not allowed, such as COMMIT.)
--
Vik Fearing