Re: Transaction issue

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Transaction issue
Дата
Re: Transaction issue
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 19 Jun 2024, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Looks to me you have a left over unresolved transaction in your psql session.
> The easiest solution if that is the case is to exit the session and start a
> new session to run the script.

Adrian, et al.:

That's what I've done. This time I commented out the BEGIN; line:
bustrac=# \i insert-law-offices-addr.sql
INSERT 0 66

There are no errors in the file but when I tried running it as a transaction
it failed.

I have not before used transactions when inserting or updating tables; I'm
surprised that starting the transaction from the psql command line chokes
the attempt.

Regards,

Rich