Re: [HACKERS] Support for pg_receivexlog --format=plain|tar

От David Steele
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Support for pg_receivexlog --format=plain|tar
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/6/17 9:07 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com <mailto:michael.paquier@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     Attached is a simplified new version, I have kept the file descriptor
>     as originally done. Note that tests are actually difficult to work
>     out, there is no way to run in batch pg_receivexlog..
>

> A few further notes:
>
> You are using the filemode to gzopen and the mode_compression variable
> to set the compression level. The pre-existing code in pg_basebackup
> uses gzsetparams(). Is there a particular reason you didn't do it the
> same way?
>
> Small comment:
> -   if (pad_to_size)
> +   if (pad_to_size && dir_data->compression == 0)
>     {
>         /* Always pre-pad on regular files */
>

> That "always" is not true anymore. Commit-time cleanup can be done of that.
>
> The rest of this looks good to me, but please comment on the gzopen part
> before we proceed to commit :)

I had planned to review this patch but have removed my name since it
seems to be well in hand and likely to commit very soon and I won't have
time to look at it until next week.

I will say that I'm happy to have this feature *and* eventually the
post_command.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net