Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication WIP

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication WIP
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication WIP  (Petr Jelinek <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Here is a "fixup" patch for
0002-Add-PUBLICATION-catalogs-and-DDL-v11.patch.gz with some minor fixes.

Two issues that should be addressed:

1. I think ALTER PUBLICATION does not need to require CREATE privilege
on the database.  That should be easy to change.

2. By requiring only SELECT privilege to include a table in a
publication, someone could include a table without replica identity into
a publication and thus prevent updates to the table.

A while ago I had been working on a patch to create a new PUBLICATION
privilege for this purpose.  I have attached the in-progress patch here.
 We could either finish that up and include it, or commit your patch
initially with requiring superuser and then refine the permissions later.