Re: Same condition in the CTE and in the subsequent JOIN using it

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Same condition in the CTE and in the subsequent JOIN using it
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 25.04.2018 um 17:45 schrieb Alexander Farber:
> Thank you for any hints, I apologize if my question is too specific
> and difficult to answer...

i haven't checked the whole query, but where-conditions from the outer
query are not pushed down into the CTE-query. First the whole CTE will
be materialized, then the outer query executed.
that said, it is better to define the where-condition in the cte.

https://blog.2ndquadrant.com/postgresql-ctes-are-optimization-fences/

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com