Re: Hyperlinks for source file references

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Hyperlinks for source file references
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 25.09.23 13:09, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> hyperlinks for files in the postgres source tree by linking to the gitweb
> interface at git.postgresql.org.  This, IMO, makes the content referred to more
> accessible, and is especially interesting for README files.  The links in
> question can be found here:
>
>      https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/tableam.html
>
> Right now we have ~85 references to source files using <filename /> in the
> docs, should we convert them to hyperlinks like the ones in the Table AM docs?
> I would be happy to make a patch that implements this, but I wanted to check
> here before making the effort to make sure it's not immediately nayed.

A slightly fancier variant that avoids having to hardcode the git web
URL pattern in a bunch of places:

You mark it up like

     <ulink url="file://src/include/access/tableam.h" type="pgsrc"/>

and then write a bit of XSL to process that into whatever form you want.