Re: FDW connections

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: FDW connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2021-01-22 at 16:03 +1100, Steve Baldwin wrote:
> If I have made a query on a foreign table (using postgres_fdw),
>  it establishes a connection automatically. Is there any way to
>  disconnect that fdw connection without disconnecting the session
>  that instigated it?

No.

From PostgreSQL v14 on, there is the "idle_session_timeout" that you
could set on the server to close such sessions.  postgresql_fdw will
silently re-establish such broken connections.  You could set this
parameter in the foreign server definition.

But this is a strange request: why would you want to close such
connections before the database session ends?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe