Re: Terminate the idle sessions

От Anastasia Lubennikova
Тема Re: Terminate the idle sessions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25.11.2020 05:18, Li Japin wrote:

On Nov 24, 2020, at 11:20 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 11:22 PM Li Japin <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:

How about use “foreign-data wrapper” replace “postgres_fdw”?

I don't see much value in avoiding mentioning that specific term - my proposal turned it into an example instead of being exclusive.

-         This parameter should be set to zero if you use some connection-pooling software,
-         or pg servers used by postgres_fdw, because connections might be closed unexpectedly.
+         This parameter should be set to zero if you use connection-pooling software,
+         or <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> servers connected to using foreign-data
+         wrapper, because connections might be closed unexpectedly.
         </para>

Maybe:

+ or your PostgreSQL server receives connection from postgres_fdw or similar middleware.
+ Such software is expected to self-manage its connections.

Thank you for your suggestion and patient! Fixed.

```
+        <para>
+         This parameter should be set to zero if you use connection-pooling software,
+         or <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> servers connected to using postgres_fdw

--
Best regards
Japin Li

Status update for a commitfest entry.
As far as I see, all recommendations from reviewers were addressed in the last version of the patch.

It passes CFbot successfully, so I move it to Ready For Committer.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company