Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/09/2017 03:27 PM, rob stone wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> Just saw this message.
>

>> Still set to the default:
>>
>> #listen_addresses = 'localhost'         # what IP address(es) to
>> listen on;
>>                                         # comma-separated list of
>> addresses;
>>                                         # defaults to 'localhost';
>> use '*'
>> for all
>>                                         # (change requires restart)
>> #port = 5432                            # (change requires restart)
>>
>> I did change the Unix domain socket directories:
>>
>> #unix_socket_directories = '/tmp'       # comma-separated list of
>> directories
>> unix_socket_directories = '/tmp,/var/pgsql'     # *****changed from
>> default
>> #
>>

> Your set-up has Apache, PHP and Postgres all running from the same
> machine.
> So as far as running from there goes, it is "localhost".

The issue is not localhost, it is the case when John is trying to
connect without a host specifier and therefore is trying to reach the
Unix socket.

> There is no requirement to traverse a network. It is all on the same
> physical machine.
>
> Alter your postgresql.conf file and remove the hash so that:-
>
> listen_addresses = 'localhost'
>
> is explicitly defined. Alter pg_hba.conf so that localhost is declared
> and let's see what happens.

It will be the same effect, the commented line is just showing that the
default is 'localhost'. Though, John if you do decide to do this
remember to restart the server to have the change take effect.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql