Re: Allow pg_signal_backend members to use pg_log_backend_memory_stats().

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Allow pg_signal_backend members to use pg_log_backend_memory_stats().
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2021-10-25 at 11:53 +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> In other words, I don't think pg_signal_backends is not meant to
> control "log something on another session" or "rotate log file".
> It's
> danger that if we allow somewone to rotate log files, that means to
> allow same user to terminate another session.

The current patch doesn't allow members of pg_signal_backend to rotate
the log file.

Do you think pg_signal_backend is the wrong group to allow usage of
pg_log_backend_memory_contexts()? Alternatively, it could simply not
GRANT anything, and leave that up to the administrator to choose who
can use it.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis