Re: Building with meson on NixOS/nixpkgs

От walther@technowledgy.de
Тема Re: Building with meson on NixOS/nixpkgs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut:
> On 29.03.24 19:47, walther@technowledgy.de wrote:
>  > -    uuid = dependency('ossp-uuid', required: true)
>  > +    # upstream is called "uuid", but many distros change this to
> "ossp-uuid"
>  > +    uuid = dependency('ossp-uuid', 'uuid', required: true)
>
> How would this behave if you have only uuid.pc from e2fsprogs installed
> but choose -Duuid=ossp?  Then it would pick up uuid.pc here, but fail to
> compile later?

It would still fail the meson setup step, because for e2fs we have:

uuidfunc = 'uuid_generate'
uuidheader = 'uuid/uuid.h'

while for ossp we have:

uuidfunc = 'uuid_export'
uuidheader = 'uuid.h'

and later we do:

if not cc.has_header_symbol(uuidheader, uuidfunc, args: test_c_args,
dependencies: uuid)
     error('uuid library @0@ missing required function
@1@'.format(uuidopt, uuidfunc))
endif