Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql  (John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
    John Iliffe wrote:

> Based on the reference that Joe sent earlier, I do have a second domain
> socket on /var/pgsql but the problem is how do I get PHP to look there?

  pg_connect("host=/var/pgsql [...other parameters...]")

The fact that the value for host starts with a slash indicates
without ambiguity that it's a path on disk rather than the name
or address of a host on the network.

However if apache runs in a chroot jail, it should no more see
/var/pgsql than it sees /tmp
Given an apache process id, on Linux you should be able
to check the current filesystem-root of that process with
# ls -ld /proc/$PID/root
It should show a soft link to the directory that corresponds to
the root from the point of view of the $PID process.

But again, most people would use host=localhost in this setup.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite