Re: helo

От Allan Kamau
Тема Re: helo
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:10 PM, beulah prasanthi <itsbeulah@gmail.com> wrote:
> Helo
>      I am working on spring project with postgres 8.4
> i wrote a function in postgrees which i am passing the argument email
> email[] array
> From front end we need to insesrt data into that emailarray .so i used
> java.arraylist.util
> while i am running i got the following error Please help me
>
> error:
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Cannot cast an instance of
> java.util.ArrayList to type Types.ARRAY

You have cross-posted.

You may want to compose a comma separated values string out of the
values you'd like to send as an array, Then send this string instead
of the array (ofcourse for your postgreSQL function, you will need to
change the datatype of your input variable to TEXT). Then inside your
postgres function unpack the CSV text into an array using some regular
expression(s).

maybe something like this.

Assuming "_my_CSV_string" is your text variable that contains the CSV data.

SELECT * FROM regexp_split_to_array(_my_CSV_string,E',(?=(?:[^\"]*\"[^\"]*\")*(?![^\"]*\"))'))AS
my_array;

Allan.