Re: xpath

От Allan Kamau
Тема Re: xpath
Дата
Список pgsql-general
As advised by Peter,
Below is an example (including the ddl and dml statements), it _drops_
and creates a table called "simple_table" and a sequence called
"simple_table_seq" both in the "public" schema.

DROP SEQUENCE IF EXISTS simple_table_seq CASCADE;
CREATE SEQUENCE simple_table_seq;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS simple_table CASCADE;
CREATE TABLE simple_table
(id INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT NEXTVAL('simple_table_seq')
,xml_payload TEXT
,PRIMARY KEY(id)
)
;
INSERT INTO simple_table
(
id
,xml_payload
)
SELECT
nextval('simple_table_seq')AS id
;
SELECT a.id,a.xml_payload FROM simple_table a LIMIT 1;
SELECT xpath('/doc/name/@first',SELECT a.xml_payload FROM simple_table
a LIMIT 1);
SELECT a.id,xpath('/doc/name/@first',a.xml_payload) FROM simple_table a LIMIT 1;

SELECT xpath('/doc/name/@first','<doc><name first="David"
last="Marston"/>some text</doc>');

DROP SEQUENCE IF EXISTS simple_table_seq CASCADE;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS simple_table CASCADE;

Allan.