Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: XX001: could not read block 2354 of relation…

От Patrick Desjardins
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: XX001: could not read block 2354 of relation…
Дата
Список pgsql-general
As far as I know we do not have the paying support. Once I will try everything suggested here, I will try to go in that direction. For the moment, I think all your suggestions might solve the problem. I just need the "ok" from the IT to start applying some of your suggestions guys.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Scott Mead <scott.mead@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
If you are using the EnterpriseDB release, and paying for support, you can always take this to them.

Sent from my mobile device

From: Patrick Desjardins
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:53:59 -0400
To: Emanuel Calvo Franco<postgres.arg@gmail.com>
Subject: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: XX001: could not read block 235 4 of relation…
We are using EnterpriseDB PostGresql 8.3. I can't simply take a good backup because weeks have pass since the first error occurs.

I will try to Vacumm Full first, if nothing is fixed, I will try to pg_dump like you suggest.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Emanuel Calvo Franco <postgres.arg@gmail.com> wrote:
2009/3/31 Patrick Desjardins <mrdesjardins@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have the error ERROR: XX001: could not read block 2354 of relation
> 1663/17633/17925: read only 0 of 8192 bytes, but only sometime, when trying
> to Insert data into a table. I would say that 99% of Insert works and 100%
> of read works. This is only happenning since few weeks. I have done Vaccum
> Analyze without any success (the vaccum take 65 minutes but nothing is
> fixed, still have the ERROR XXX001). I have this error in the backend
> application and when I do some Insert Query in the PgAdmin tool.

This kind of error occurs generally on 7.x versions or if you are using
fsync =off and you have a surprised system down.

Try to do a pg_dump of the database or clean (no delete) del wal files
(this is not
recommendable for new users).

--
     Emanuel Calvo Franco