Re: many animals are running old clients

От Mikael Kjellström
Тема Re: many animals are running old clients
Дата
Список buildfarm-members
On 2018-08-17 23:27, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> The majority of buildfarm animals are not on the latest client code
> release. Version 8 was released more than 3 months ago. There are 26
> animals on release 7 and 43 on even older releases, in one case on a
> release going back 4 years. See below for the lists of delinquents.

I've updated all my animals below to version 8.

>   conchuela    | mikael.kjellstrom@gmail.com | 007000
>   grison       | mikael.kjellstrom@gmail.com | 007000
>   loach        | mikael.kjellstrom@gmail.com | 007000
>   sidewinder   | mikael.kjellstrom@gmail.com | 007000
>   curculio      | mikael.kjellstrom@gmail.com | 004018

It might be worth to send out a email directly to the animal owners that
a new version is out.  It's easy to miss if you don't follow the mailing
lists.

Just a suggestion.

And regarding:

"I do my best to keep things backwards compatible, so that usually an
upgrade is simply a matter of unpacking the release and you're done. I
don't think asking people to do that once every few months is terribly
onerous. It's a five minute job."

Every time I upgrade I need to go through all the .pl-files and change
the path to where perl is located as different os/distros has perl at
different paths and also it's not even consistent within the shipped files.

For example:

% head -n 1 *.pl
==> run_branches.pl <==
#!/usr/bin/perl

==> run_build.pl <==
#!/usr/bin/perl

==> run_web_txn.pl <==
#!/c/perl/bin/perl

==> setnotes.pl <==
#!/usr/bin/perl

==> update_personality.pl <==
#!/usr/bin/perl

I also go through the config-file line by line to see if anything is
changed or added.

It's not a big deal though.  Keep up the good work!

/Mikael

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: many animals are running old clients
Сообщение: Re: many animals are running old clients