Re: [BUGS] BUG #14244: wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty()

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14244: wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/30/2016 11:16 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 10:35:58AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:

> I agree that a GUC and new functions are overkill --- we should just
> decide on the format we want to output and what to support for input.
>
> As logical as the IEC format appears, I just don't think the Ki/Mi/Gi
> prefixes are used widely enough for us to use it --- I think it will
> cause too many problem reports:
>
>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix
>
> I have developed two possible patches for PG 10 --- the first one merely
> allows "KB" to be used in addition to the existing "kB", and documents
> this as an option.
>
> The second patch does what Tom suggests above by outputting only "KB",
> and it supports "kB" for backward compatibility.  What it doesn't do is
> to allow arbitrary case, which I think would be a step backward.  The
> second patch actually does match the JEDEC standard, except for allowing
> "kB".
>
> I also just applied a doc patch that increases case and spacing
> consistency in the use of kB/MB/GB/TB.

+1

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Combining hash values
От: mitro palmnik
Сообщение: programming libraries - collection of hash-fuctions and indexes for all situations from dbms till 3d-graphics?