Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> -ERROR:  could not convert locale name "C" to language tag:
> U_ILLEGAL_ARGUMENT_ERROR
> +NOTICE:  using standard form "en-US-u-va-posix" for locale "C"

> I suppose this is environment-dependent.  Sadly, the buildfarm
> client does not show the prevailing LANG or LC_XXX settings.

Looks like it's failing-to-fail on some versions of ICU which
automatically perform that conversion.

The easiest thing to do is revert it for now, and after we sort out the
memcmp() path for the ICU provider, then I can commit it again (after
that point it would just be code cleanup and should have no functional
impact).

Regards,
    Jeff Davis