Re: Pasting of Excel data into tables

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Pasting of Excel data into tables
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 14:37:02 -0600, Aren Cambre <aren@arencambre.com>
wrote:
> Is it possible to paste Excel data into tables, presuming the data and
> structure is similar to the Postgres table?

Nope.

> It looks like I ought to be able to paste copied data into the Edit Data
> dialog, but that paste only ends up in one cell. E.g., if I have a table
> with 5 columns, and I copy a 5 col x 1000 row Excel spreadsheet and then
> paste it into the row in Edit Data marked *, all the data goes into the
> first cell.

The "Edit Data" window misses some interesting features, I totally agree.
Right now, if you paste something, it goes into one cell.

> I'm asking because if this doesn't work, looks like I need to do an
> import from CSV. That's not the end of the world, but it's much less
> convenient than copy-paste, which works in some other apps.

You'll need to do an import from CSV. The new tool I'm working on will
make it easier to import a CSV file.

To go further, we would need to find someone motivated to work on the
"Edit Data" window.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com