Re: Special-case executor expression steps for common combinations

От Andreas Karlsson
Тема Re: Special-case executor expression steps for common combinations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/4/24 6:26 PM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> 2) We could generate functions which return void rather than NULL and therefore not have to do a return at all but I
amnot sure that small optimization and extra clarity would be worth the hassle. The current approach with adding
Assert()is ok with me. Daniel, what do you think?

> I'm not sure that would move the needle enough to warrant the extra complexity.
> It could be worth pursuing, but it can be done separately from this.

Agreed.

I looked some more at the patch and have a suggestion for code style.
Attaching the diff. Do with them what you wish, for me they make to code
easier to read.

Andreas

Вложения