Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 04/03/2020 08:04, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2020-02-26 21:33, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>> So I gather having personal accounts tied to this is primarily a way
>> to make sure that people don't spam. I'm still not sure if this
>> policy is
>> useful, or what stops anyone from legally posting every Slonik
>> picture one by one on Planet, but ok.
>>

>> The main reason this discussion comes up is that people use their very
>> personal accounts to post something which is project or conference
>> related.
>> For an outsider, this might even be confusing: why isn't the conference
>> posting these news, why a person.
>
> Another aspect of this is a quasi-journalistic principle:  News and
> announcements are, well, news; blog posts are opinion pieces. It's
> useful to keep those separate, and different criteria should apply.
>
> Personally, as a consumer of planet, I wouldn't want
> conference-related announcements mixed into the feed.  That's what the
> news section and conference listings are for.

They are mixed into your feed today, just as a posting from a person,
not as a posting from a project or conference.
Same content though.

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading to newer Django? Reason for including django-selectablelibrary in repo?