Re: Feature proposal

От wstrzalka
Тема Re: Feature proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 26 Sie, 08:06, wstrzalka <wstrza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 Aug, 01:28, pie...@hogranch.com (John R Pierce) wrote:
>
> >   On 08/25/10 11:47 AM, Wojciech Strzałka wrote:
>
> > >   The data set is 9mln rows - about 250 columns
>
> > Having 250 columns in a single table sets off the 'normalization' alarm
> > in my head.
>
> > --
>
> Yeap - but it is as it is.
> I need to migrate PG first - then start thinking about schema changes

So after turning off fsync & synchronous_commit (which I can afford as
I'm populating database from scratch)
I've stucked at 43 minutes for the mentioned table. There is no PK,
constrains, indexes, ... - nothing except for data.

The behaviour changed - I'm utilizing the core 100%, iostat shows the
write peaks about 70MB/s, the table shown by \d+ is growing all the
time as it growth before.
Is there anything I can look at?
Anyway the load to PG is much faster then dump from the old database
and the current load time is acceptable for me.