Re: Sequence Access Methods, round two

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Sequence Access Methods, round two
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01.12.23 06:00, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Please find attached a patch set that aims at implementing sequence
> access methods, with callbacks following a model close to table and
> index AMs, with a few cases in mind:
> - Global sequences (including range-allocation, local caching).
> - Local custom computations (a-la-snowflake).

That's a lot of code, but the use cases are summarized in two lines?!?

I would like to see a lot more elaboration what these uses cases are (I
recognize the words, but do we have the same interpretation of them?)
and how they would be addressed by what you are proposing, and better
yet an actual implementation of something useful, rather than just a
dummy test module.