Re: What does Time.MAX_VALUE actually represent?

От Tels
Тема Re: What does Time.MAX_VALUE actually represent?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Moin,

On Sat, December 30, 2017 4:25 pm, Gavin Flower wrote:
> On 12/31/2017 03:07 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
>> We are having a discussion on the jdbc project about dealing with
>> 24:00:00.
>>
>> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/992#issuecomment-354507612
>>
>> Dave Cramer
>
> In Dublin (I was there 2001 to 2004), Time tables show buses just after
> midnight, such as 1:20am as running at the time 2520 - so there are
> visible close to the end of the day.  If you are looking for buses
> around midnight this is very user friendly - better than looking at the
> other end of the time table for 0120.
>
> I think logically that 24:00:00 is exactly one day later than 00:00:00 -
> but I see from following the URL, that there are other complications...

Careful here, if "24:00:00" always means literally "00:00:00 one day
later", that could work, but you can't just have it meaning "add 24 hours
to the clock".

For instance, during daylight saving time changes, days can be 23 hours or
25 hours long...

Best wishes,

Tels