Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity

От torikoshia
Тема Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rafia, Sergey,

+1 for adding the total_active_time and total_idle_in_transaction_time
to pg_stat_activity.

I reviewed the patch and here are some comments.

+      <entry role="catalog_table_entry"><para role="column_definition">
+       <structfield>total_active_time</structfield> <type>double
precision</type>
+      </para>
+      <para>
+       Time in milliseconds this backend spent in
<literal>active</literal> and
+       <literal>fastpath</literal> states.

Is 'fastpath' an abbreviation of 'fastpath function call'?
If so, I feel it's clearer '<literal>fastpath function call</literal>'
than '<literal>fastpath</literal>'.

+extern uint64 pgstat_get_my_active_time(void);
+extern uint64 pgstat_get_my_transaction_idle_time(void);

Are these functions necessary?
It seems they are not called from anywhere, doesn't it?

--
Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi