Re: Proposal for internal Numeric to Uint64 conversion function.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Proposal for internal Numeric to Uint64 conversion function.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03.05.22 08:50, Amul Sul wrote:
>> Do you have any data that supports removing DirectionFunctionCall()
>> invocations?  I suppose some performance benefit could be expected, or
>> what do you have in mind?
>>
> Not really, the suggestion to avoid DirectionFunctionCall() is from Tom.
>
> For a trial, I have called the money(numeric) function 10M times to
> see the difference with and without patch but there is not much.
> (I don't have any knowledge of micro profiling/benchmarking).

Ok.  I have lost track of what you are trying to achieve with this patch
set.  It's apparently not for performance, and in terms of refactoring
you end up with more lines of code than before, so that doesn't seem too
appealing either.  So I'm not sure what the end goal is.

Сообщение: Re: testclient.exe installed under MSVC
Сообщение: Re: testclient.exe installed under MSVC