Re: How to know there is any ODBC Driver installed in the Linux redhat 5.7 server? Thanks

От leaf_yxj
Тема Re: How to know there is any ODBC Driver installed in the Linux redhat 5.7 server? Thanks
Дата
Список pgsql-general

At 2012-05-05 01:37:50,"Adrian Klaver-3 [via PostgreSQL]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 05/04/2012 10:23 AM, leaf_yxj wrote:
> I tried test the ODBC driver. I failed and I was told I should install the
> odbc driver manager to configure the ODBC driver first, then I can test the
> ODBC drive. And the following ODBC driver were installed on my server :
> psqlodbc-08.02.0400  psqlodbc-08.03.0400  psqlodbc-09.00.0200
> psqlodbc-08.02.0500  psqlodbc-08.04.0200
>

> Please give me some help of the ODBC driver, Should I install the ODBC
> driver manager? something like data direct???

First, are you sure you want the Driver Manager on the Linux server not
the Windows clients?

Second if you are looking for Linux Driver Managers, the two I know of are:

unixODBC
http://www.unixodbc.org/

iODBC
http://www.iodbc.org/dataspace/iodbc/wiki/iODBC/

Third there is a Postgres list dedicated to ODBC:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/

--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]

NAML
Hi Adrian,

Thanks. I tried to understand how the ODBC driver works. Is that true that there should be some odbc driver manager and otherwise the ODBC driver can't work properly.  Our ODBC driver is installed on linux 5.7 for the informatic use. Before we deploy the informatic, we want to test the ODBC driver works or not? I was told that there should be some odbc driver manager to test the function of ODBC.

Thanks.

Regards.
Grace