Re: Add new COPY option REJECT_LIMIT

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Add new COPY option REJECT_LIMIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024/07/17 22:21, torikoshia wrote:
> On 2024-07-03 02:07, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> However, if we support REJECT_LIMIT, I'm not sure if the ON_ERROR option is still necessary.
>
> I remembered another reason for the necessity of ON_ERROR.
>
> ON_ERROR defines how to behave when encountering an error and it just accepts 'ignore' and 'stop' currently, but is
expectedto support other options such as saving details of errors to a table[1].

Wouldn't it be better to separate the option specifying where
error details are output from the ON_ERROR option
(which determines behavior when encountering errors)?
"table" seems valid for both ON_ERROR=ignore and ON_ERROR=stop.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Slow catchup of 2PC (twophase) transactions on replica in LR
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: How can udf c function return table, not the rows?