Re: [PERFORM] Questionaire: Common WAL write rates on busy servers.

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Questionaire: Common WAL write rates on busy servers.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 04/27/2017 08:59 AM, Andres Freund wrote:

> Ok, based on the, few, answers I've got so far, my experience is indeed
> skewed.  A number of the PG users I interacted with over the last couple
> years had WAL write ranges somewhere in the range of 500MB/s to 2.2GB/s
> (max I'veseen).  At that point WAL insertion became a major bottleneck,
> even if storage was more than fast enough to keep up.  To address these
> we'd need some changes, but the feedback so far suggest that it's not
> yet a widespread issue...

I would agree it isn't yet a widespread issue.

The only people that are likely going to see this are going to be on
bare metal. We should definitely plan on that issue for say 11. I do
have a question though, where you have seen this issue is it with
synchronous_commit on or off?

Thanks,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Questionaire: Common WAL write rates on busy servers.
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Questionaire: Common WAL write rates on busy servers.