Re: DWIM mode for psql

От Andreas Karlsson
Тема Re: DWIM mode for psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/31/19 10:52 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:> Building on the excellent work
begun by commit e529cd4ffa60, I would
> like to propose a do-what-I-mean mode for psql.  Please find a POC
> patch attached.  It works like this:
>
> postgres=# select datnaam from pg_database where ooid = 12917;
> ERROR:  column "datnaam" does not exist
> LINE 1: select datnaam from pg_database where ooid = 12917;
>                 ^
> HINT:  Perhaps you meant to reference the column "pg_database.datname".
> postgres=# YES
>   datname
>   postgres
> (1 row)

I think it is potentially confusing that YES and NO does not look like
other psql commands. Let's pick something which is more in line with
existing commands like \y and \n.

Andreas

Сообщение: Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option
Сообщение: Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option