Re: Making pg_standby compression-friendly

От Koichi Suzuki
Тема Re: Making pg_standby compression-friendly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In terms of compress/decompress WAL in archive/restore, please take a
look at my project pglesslog,
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pglesslog/

This project compresses WAL segment by replacing full page writes with
corresponding incremental logs.   When restored, it inserts dummy WAL
record to maintain LSN and file size.

This can be applied to log-shipping mechanism, asynchronous or synchronous.