Re: PgAdmin forgets stored password on connection problem

От Eugene Lisitsky
Тема Re: PgAdmin forgets stored password on connection problem
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I can't get excited at the thought of cluttering the UI to resolve a
minor issue. I'd rather we tried to read the pgpass file so we could
default the password. Not sure how much effort that would take, but we
can probably lift much of the code from libpq.
Excellent idea!
How do you write .pgpass now? Using some functions from libpq or with your own tools only?

> I tried to work with sources, but svn version didn't compile at my computer.
> Can you help me a little?
> Compile errors like these:
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..   -I/usr/include/postgresql -DSSL
> -I/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -DwxUSE_GUI=0

wxUSE_GUI=0 is never going to work. How did you install wxWidgets?

I'm working with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala.
All software was installed from repository:
wx2.8-doc
wx2.8-examples
wx2.8-headers
wx-common
libwxgtk2.8-0
libwxbase2.8-0

Than ./configure in the source folder:
PostgreSQL directory: /usr
PostgreSQL pg_config binary: /usr/bin/pg_config
PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL 8.4.1
PostgreSQL SSL support: Present

wxWidgets directory: /usr
wxWidgets wx-config binary: /usr/bin/wx-config
wxWidgets version: wxWidgets 2.8.10

libxml2 directory: /usr
libxml2 xml2-config binary: /usr/bin/xml2-config
libxml2 version: libxml2 2.7.5

libxslt directory: /usr
libxslt xslt-config binary: /usr/bin/xslt-config
libxslt version: libxslt 1.1.24

Building a debug version of pgAdmin: No
Statically linking pgAdmin: No
Building a Mac OS X appbundle: No

pgAdmin configuration is now complete. You can now compile and
install pgAdmin using 'make; make install'.

After that I try to do `make`.

Thank you.

--
Dave Page