Re: PgAdmin forgets stored password on connection problem

От Eugene Lisitsky
Тема Re: PgAdmin forgets stored password on connection problem
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Thank you, Dave!

2009/11/11 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Eugene Lisitsky <lisitsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> Thank you for the great program and constant improvement!
> I meet only several troubles usign it, one of them is:
> If you have stored password in connections and a connection attempt was
> failed (due to some network problems for example) then PgAdmin asks you to
> prompt the password again on next connection attempt. What for?

Because the connection messages are often intentionally vague, so we
don't always know if it was a password problem, and therefore always
prompt to be on the safe side.
Is it possible to check error and fail reason: network, connection refused, password incorrect, no access to such DB?
Or at least as a workaround fill the form with old password?

There's definitely room for improvement here though - patches are
welcome if anyone wants to spend some time on it.
Unfortunately I'm not a C developer.  But I can try :)

--
Dave Page

Yours,
Eugene Lisitsky

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin ver 1.10 freezing all too frequently
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin ver 1.10 freezing all too frequently