Re: Full text index not being used

От Alex
Тема Re: Full text index not being used
Дата
Re: Full text index not being used  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Список pgsql-general
So this seems to be because the result size is too big.  I still don't
know why it is looping through every record and printing a warning,
but adding a LIMIT makes the queries complete in a reasonable time
(although not all that fast).

However I need to sort and also have many other facets that may or may
not be included in the query.  Adding a sort makes it load every
record again and take forever.

I tried to create an index including all of the fields I query on to
see if that would work, but I get an error the the index row is too
large:

=> create index master_index on source_listings(geo_lat, geo_lon,
price, bedrooms, region, city, listing_type, to_tsvector('english',
full_listing), post_time);
NOTICE:  word is too long to be indexed
DETAIL:  Words longer than 2047 characters are ignored.
NOTICE:  word is too long to be indexed
DETAIL:  Words longer than 2047 characters are ignored.
NOTICE:  word is too long to be indexed
DETAIL:  Words longer than 2047 characters are ignored.
NOTICE:  word is too long to be indexed
DETAIL:  Words longer than 2047 characters are ignored.
ERROR:  index row requires 13356 bytes, maximum size is 8191

Any ideas about how to resolve this?