Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects
Дата
Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects  (Jorge Solórzano <jorsol@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello Jorge

On 09/10/2017 18:20, Jorge Solórzano wrote:
Hi Achilleas,

There is no time frame of releases, but
​breaking changes can happen in major releases like 43.0.0, and that can be probably the next year
, and even then, there nothing that stops you of still using 42.x.x, so I guess you have time to plan for a refactor of your code.

Thanx for the info, we had problems with postgresql-9.3-1101.jdbc4.jar against postgresql 10rc1 server, I guess we might have problems with 42 against 11 in the future?  just a side question, why was the original naming scheme <pgsql version> dropped ? I mean 42 or 43 do not imply directly the version.

Jorge Solórzano

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects