Re: Partitioning: INSERT 0 0 but want INSERT 0 1

От Neil Peter Braggio
Тема Re: Partitioning: INSERT 0 0 but want INSERT 0 1
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I have the same problem in PG 8.2

To resolve this issue I had to create a new table with the same
structure than the partitioned table with a trigger for insert and
update. All the operations the application have to do are directed to
this new table.

When a new record is inserted in the new table the trigger insert a
new record with the same values into the partitioned table and then
delete all records from this new table. In updates operations the
trigger redirect the operation to the partitioned table too.

With this _not elegant_ solution our Java application is able to do its job.

If you find a better solution please let me know.

----
Neil Peter Braggio
pbraggio@gmail.com