Re: Logical Replication WIP

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: Logical Replication WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/09/16 18:04, Tom Lane wrote:
> Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On 02/09/16 22:57, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> The new system catalog pg_publication_rel has columns pubid, relid,
>>> and does not use the customary column name prefixes.  Maybe that is OK
>>> here.  I can't actually think of a naming scheme that wouldn't make
>>> things worse.
>
>> Yeah, well I could not either and thee are some catalogs that don't use
>> the prefixes so I figured it's probably not big deal.
>
> The ones that don't are not models to be emulated.  They are cases
> where somebody ignored project convention and it wasn't caught until
> too late.

Okay but if I follow the convention the names of those fields would be
something like pubrelpubid and pubrelrelid which does not seem like
improvement to me. Maybe the catalog should be pg_publication_map then
as that would make it seem less ugly although less future proof (as
we'll want to add more things to publications than just tables and they
might need different catalogs).

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services