Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2024-04-10 at 15:19 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> 1) 9bd99f4c26 comprises the reworked patch after working with notes
> from Jeff Davis.  I agree it would be better to wait for him to
> express explicit agreement.  Before reverting this, I would prefer to
> hear his opinion.

On this particular feature, I had tried it in the past myself, and
there were a number of minor frustrations and I left it unfinished. I
quickly recognized that commit c95c25f9af was too simple to work.

Commit 9bd99f4c26 looked substantially better, but I was surprised to
see it committed so soon after the redesign. I thought a revert was
likely outcome, but I put it on my list of things to review more deeply
in the next couple weeks so I could give productive feedback.

It would benefit from more discussion in v18, and I apologize for not
getting involved earlier when the patch still could have made it into
v17.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis