Re: Large pg_xlog

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Large pg_xlog
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/26/2016 09:05 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> What are the files in pg_xlog/archive_status? Do see a lot of .ready
> entries? Perhaps you could de-bloat things by using archive_command =
> '/bin/true' (REM on Windows as far as I recall).

There is no archive_status

  ll 9.3/main/pg_xlog/ |grep arch
postgres@s0pdb03:~$

As for changing archive_command to /bin/true, don't see how that would
help. My archive command is pointing to a completely different folder.

Just try anyway, changed archive_command to bin true. Files in pg_xlog
keep growing. Currently at over 5K files. Isn't wal_keep_segments the
upper limit of how many wal files would be retained in Postgresql 9.3?

wal_keep_segments=300

checkpoint_segments=6

Yet have over 5K files, and more getting created, in my pg_xlog folder.