Re: No matching tables have ever been vacuumed

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: No matching tables have ever been vacuumed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Daulat Ram wrote:
> We have enabled the monitoring to monitor the vacuuming of tables via check_postgres_last_vacuum plugin but we are
gettingthe below warning message.

> Notification Type: PROBLEM
> Service: PostgreSQL last vacuum ()
> Host Alias: vmshowcasedb2.vpc.prod.scl1.us.tribalfusion.net
> Address: 10.26.12.89
> State: UNKNOWN
> Info: POSTGRES_LAST_VACUUM UNKNOWN: DB postgres (host:vmshowcasedb2.vpc.prod.scl1.us.tribalfusion.net) No matching
tableshave ever been vacuumed

> Kindly suggest how we can overcome on this.

Disable the test, it is mostly pointless.

Only tables that regularly receive updates and deletes need to be vacuumed.
A table that is never modified needs to be vacuumed at most once during its lifetime
for transaction wraparound, but there are other checks for problems with that.

Alternatively, you can just manually vacuum all tables once - if all it
checks is if it *ever* has been vacuumed.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe