Re: psql show me the : and ask user input, when running one sql file

От Tim Clarke
Тема Re: psql show me the : and ask user input, when running one sql file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Arden

Your first argument is a JDBC connection string (see here
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/connect.html). To provide
the details when using the command line psql command, use the -h, -p and
-U parameters (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-psql.html)

Tim Clarke
IT Director
Direct: +44 (0)1376 504510 | Mobile: +44 (0)7887 563420

On 05/04/2020 13:50, arden liu wrote:
> I am using psql to run this sql
> file(https://github.com/Arelle/Arelle/blob/master/arelle/plugin/xbrlDB/sql/public/xbrlPublicPostgresDB.ddl)
> here is my command:
> /usr/bin/psql postgresql://db_user:dbpassword@localhost:5432/my_db -f
> /tmp/xbrlPublicPostgresDB.ddl
> I do not know why it show me the : , which is asking me to input
> something.
> Can someone help me?
> Thanks.
> Arden

Telephone: Witham: +44(0)1376 503500 | London: +44 (0)20 3009 0853 | Frankfurt: +49 (0)69 7191 6000 | Hong Kong: +852
58031687 | Toronto: +1 647 503 2848
Web: https://www.manifest.co.uk/

Minerva Analytics Ltd - A Solactive Company
9 Freebournes Court | Newland Street | Witham | Essex | CM8 2BL | United Kingdom

Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the named addressee
youmust not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to admin@minerva.info<mailto:admin@minerva.info>
Legal: Minerva Analytics is the trading name of: Minerva Analytics Ltd: Registered in England Number 11260966 & The
ManifestVoting Agency Ltd: Registered in England Number 2920820 Registered Office at above address. Please Click Here
https://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/for further information.