Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2022-12-02 at 08:49 +0100, Martijn Tonies (Upscene Productions) wrote:
> So do InterBase, Firebird, SQL Server, MySQL (except for Views, strangely
> enough),
> MariaDB, NexusDB, SQL Anywhere, and, frankly, all others I know of.
>
> And this is used all the time by database developers.
>
> And at least InterBase and Firebird -also- stored a 'parsed version' (in
> binary).

Great; then go ahead and use those databases, if it is important for you.

In the same vein, I don't think any of those databases have trigram or
bloom indexes.  Perhaps we should improve the acceptance of PostgreSQL
by removing those features?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe