Is it possible to keep indexes on different disk location?

От W.P.
Тема Is it possible to keep indexes on different disk location?
Дата
Re: Is it possible to keep indexes on different disk location?  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi there,

I have a PostgreSQL 11 server on OrangePi3 (ARM 64 bit, Armbian, PG from
distro).

Database (all cluster) is located on USB disk. This approach give me
already 2 times loosing DB contents (it is a replica of DB on i7).

But the whole thing (mainly indexes) is about 50G, and internal storage
is only 32GB.

Is it possible to move  DB tables etc to this internal storage (sure
connection) and put only    indexes on USB  HDD?

And will it help in case of losing connection to USB disk? (DB
recoverable instead of total crash)?

Laurent