Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions

От Jasbinder Singh Bali
Тема Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thats exactly what I'm facing here.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test(int4)
   RETURNS int4 AS
 $BODY$
      require "abc.pl"
  $BODY$
   LANGUAGE 'plperlu' VOLATILE;

 SELECT test(23) doesn't run the script inside abc.pl that happens to
be a some insert statements.

Now, when i actually copy and paste the script of abc.pl inside the
postgres function body and then do SELECT test(23) it works fine by
executing those insert statements.

Don't know whats wrong here now.
Can anyone please throw some light on it.

Thanks,
Jas