Re: Backup DB not getting connected

От J S B
Тема Re: Backup DB not getting connected
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The only diff b/w the two DBs  is that the one getting connected has ACL value as blank and the one that doesn't get connected has the same ACL property values = {}

On 10/13/06, Shane Ambler <pgsql@007marketing.com> wrote:
J S B wrote:
> Hi,
> I took a back up of my database and restored it in a new DB..When I'm
> trying
> to connect to the new DB from a client machine using ECPG connection
> techniques, it says newDB doesn't exist.
> There's another DB in the same DB server and if I try and connect to
> that DB
> then it doesn't cry over anything.
>
> Thanks
> Jas

I am guessing that you can verify that the newDB exists and has the data
you just have trouble from the ECPG client from any machine.

I would check access privileges - does the user you log in as using ECPG
have access to newDB? - the 'DB doesn't exist' may be a wrong error
which should say access denied.

От: "J S B"
Сообщение: Re: Backup DB not getting connected
От: AgentM
Сообщение: Re: more anti-postgresql FUD