Re: Dynamic loading of C functions

От Jasbinder Bali
Тема Re: Dynamic loading of C functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I've tried everything so that my .so file is recognized but in vein.
Don't know whats going wrong.
~Jas

On 6/20/06, Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Bill Moran < wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> writes:
>> I get the follwing error
>> ERROR:  could not access file "/usr/include/pgsql/server/test_func": No such
>> file or directory

> Check the permissions.  Can the Postgres user read the file?

The error is pretty clearly "file not found", not "no permissions".

One possibility is that the complaint is not about this file itself
but about some other shared library it depends on.  Try "ldd" or
local equivalent on the file to see if it shows any unresolved
references.

Also, you might try looking in the postmaster log to see if any
additional info appears there --- anything the dynamic linker spit out
to stderr is not going to appear on your terminal.