Re: some more error location support

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: some more error location support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27/08/2018 11:17, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> About patch 3: applies cleanly independently of the 2 others, compiles,
> "make check" is okay.
>
> A few comments:
>
> There seems to be several somehow unrelated changes: one about copy,
> one about trigger and one about constraints? The two later changes do not
> seem to impact the tests, though.

added more tests

> In "CreateTrigger", you moved "make_parsestate" but removed
> "free_parsestate". I'd rather move it than remove it.

See also previous discussion, but I've moved it around for now.

> In "value.h", the added location field deserves a "/* token location, or
> -1 if unknown */" comment like others in "parsenode.h", "plannode.h" and
> "primnodes.h".

done

> Copying and comparing values are updaed, but value in/out functions are
> not updated to read/write the location, although other objects have their
> location serialized. ISTM that it should be done as well.

Hmm, maybe that's a problem, because the serialization of a Value node
is just a scalar.  It doesn't have any structure where to put additional
fields.  Maybe we should think about not using Value as a parse
representation for column name lists.  Let me think about that.

Attached is another patch set.  I think the first two patches are OK
now, but the third one might need to be rethought.

Вложения