ChronicDB v1.0 for production: Live schema updates with no downtime

От ChronicDB
Тема ChronicDB v1.0 for production: Live schema updates with no downtime
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
Hello,

We would like to announce that the first version of ChronicDB[1], which supports PostgreSQL, is available for production. ChronicDB is the only technology that applies live database schema updates with no downtime[2].

A distinguishing feature of ChronicDB is that it provides lock-free semantic schema changes[3]. Such changes are not possible with a traditional ALTER TABLE statement, because that statement locks a table for write access.

Another key feature is that, after a schema change, the code of an application does not need to be modified: ChronicDB allows the old version of the application and the new version to execute concurrently over the same database without breaking the old application. This is accomplished with live redirection and query rewriting. The benefit of having multiple application versions execute is that it is not necessary to plan for a switchover time after which all old application clients would no longer work. Instead, an IT group can have unlimited time for a transitional period, and the option to revert a change if necessary.

ChronicDB is available for a 45-day evaluation[4] and for purchasing[5]. Additionally, we rely on open source components to deliver ChronicDB and offer ChronicDB free for open source projects[6].

We want to hear from you[7]. We welcome feedback[8], and feature requests will be seriously considered for incorporation into our product. We aim for ChronicDB to fill a necessary gap in managing live database updates with a fully automated, and safe, solution.

Sincerely,
ChronicDB

[3] - http://chronicdb.com/benefits_of_chronicdb
[4] - http://chronicdb.com/evaluation_request
[5] - http://chronicdb.com/licensing_and_pricing
[6] - http://chronicdb.com/chronicdb_open_source_license_request
[7] - http://chronicdb.com/forums/chronicdb_user_community
[8] - http://chronicdb.com/provide_feedback

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: