Re: Sorting aggregate column contents

От Everton Luís Berz
Тема Re: Sorting aggregate column contents
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
People from brazilian postgresql list sent me another way to sort the
column contents. The way is the aggregate accumulate values and after
run an array sort function. It worked fine. I think the subquery in
function f_select_array does not decrease performance. Follow the
code:

--from http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-12/msg01093.php
CREATE FUNCTION f_select_array(anyarray) RETURNS SETOF anyelement AS $$
BEGIN  FOR i IN array_lower($1, 1) .. array_upper($1, 1) LOOP      RETURN NEXT $1[i];  END LOOP;  RETURN;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql IMMUTABLE STRICT;

CREATE FUNCTION f_sort_array(anyarray) RETURNS anyarray AS $$
SELECT array(SELECT * FROM f_select_array($1) ORDER BY 1)
$$ LANGUAGE sql IMMUTABLE STRICT;

-- from http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/xaggr.html
CREATE AGGREGATE ag_accum (  sfunc = array_append,  basetype = anyelement,  stype = anyarray,  initcond = '{}'
);

select e.sigla, array_to_string(f_sort_array(ag_accum(m.nome)), ', ')
AS municipio from estado e
inner join municipio m on (m.idestado = e.idestado)
group by e.sigla
order by e.sigla;
/* result */
sigla |       municipio