Re: Buildfarm support for older versions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Buildfarm support for older versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/16/21 12:26, Larry Rosenman wrote:

>>> So just create a new animal / config file, and set those options?
>>> and FreeBSD head / main would be useful?
>>> (Currently FreeBSD 14 and clang 13).
>>>

>> Sure. I think if we get coverage for modern Linux, FreeBSD and Windows
>> we should be in good shape.
>>
>> I doubt we need a heck of a lot of animals - there's not going to be
>> much going on here.
>>

> Would you mind terribly giving me the exact steps?

  * register a new animal with the same details
  * copy your existing config file to $new_animal.conf
  * edit the file and change the animal name and secret, the config_opts
    as above, and remove TestUpgrade form the modules setting
  * change branches_to_build to [qw(
                REL9_2_STABLE REL9_3_STABLE REL9_4_STABLE
                REL9_5_STABLE REL9_6_STABLE)]
  * you should probably unset CCACHEDIR in both config files
  * test with ./run_branches --test --config $newanimal.conf --run-all

cheers

andew

--
Andrew Dunstan